What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is irritation of the thick ligamentous material on the bottom of your foot. It can have many causes including:
- Mechanical alignment of the lower body
- “Loose” feet or hypermobile feet
- Poor foot and/or hip strength
- Increased new activity too soon
- Standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time
What are the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis?
- Pain with the first step in the morning
- Pain in the heel of the foot
- Pain with long bouts of standing
What to do?
Addressing the cause of the problem is KEY to returning to pre-injury status and preventing it from returning!
PT2Go therapists will conduct a complete evaluation of the foot all the way up to the hips to address anything that can be contributing to the issue. Call us today to fix your plantar fasciitis!
Ask about our custom made shoe inserts!