Achilles Injury Treatment
The Achilles tendon is the largest and strongest tendon in the body!
Common Achilles Injuries and Symptoms
- Pain in the heel and along the length of the tendon when walking or running
- Pain and stiffness in the area in the morning
- Pain in the achilles tendon when touched or moved
- Swelling and warmth in the heel or along the tendon
- Difficulty standing up on one toe
- Pain down the back of your leg or near your heel
- Pain that gets worse when you’re active
- A stiff, sore Achilles tendon when you first get up
- Pain in the tendon the day after exercising
- Swelling with pain that gets worse as you’re active during the day
- Rupture (may require surgery)
- The feeling of having been kicked in the calf
- Pain, possibly severe, and swelling near the heel
- An inability to bend the foot downward or “push off” the injured leg when walking
- An inability to stand on the toes on the injured leg
- A popping or snapping sound when the injury occurs
Call PT2Go Physical Therapy today!
Seek treatment Immediately if you have suffered from an Achilles injury! The sooner you address the issue the better your outcomes will be! If left unattended injuries to the Achilles tendon can result in tendonitis leading to strain resulting in a rupture and sending you to surgery.
Reduce your pain, improve function and performance, and avoid Achilles surgery. Call PT2Go to fix the cause of the problem and prevent it from coming back!